Church of Saint Budock, Budock
Budock is a parish which has contained several of the most historic and most important places in Cornwall; Part of the ancient town of Penryn, the famous college of Glasney, the castle of Pendennis, and the sea port of Falmouth.
Before the conquest the whole of the parish of Budock lay within the manor belonging to the Bishops of Exeter called Treliver.
In the 13th C a church consisting of Nave Chancel with transepts was erected. Of this original building there remains a lancet window in the Chancel and one now reworked in the Transept. A brief history is given below:
1208 -The church is called Sanctus Budocus de Treliver.
Later the manor became known as the manor and Tithing of Penryn-Foreign.
1216 -The town of Penryn was founded by Bishop Symon.
1267- March the Church of St Budock was appropriated to Glasney College. Bishop Bronescombe was anxious to endow his newly founded college as richly as possible.
1603 -There is a slate memorial to the Killigrew family.
1617-There is a further slate memorial to the Killigrew family.
The picture shows the external view of one of the windows. This picture will be used to construct a diagram of the window. Diagrams of this type are needed in the record to help with the description of the stained glass and the biblical scene depicted.